Trail Drive Management Corporation
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Trail Drive Management Corp. – Dickies Arena of Fort Worth, TX
Dickies Arena will be a 14,000 seat, spectacular multipurpose venue located adjacent to the Will Rogers Memorial Center campus in Fort Worth, Texas. The arena will be owned by the City of Fort Worth and managed by the not-for-profit operating entity, Trail Drive Management Corp (TDMC). The state-of-the-art arena, scheduled to open in November 2019, will host concerts, sporting events and family entertainment, and will be the new home to Fort Worth Stock Show rodeo performances.
Reports to: Catering Sales Manager/ Director of Food & Beverage
Supervisory responsibility: Exercises general supervision over Suite & Loge Box managers, supervisors, full time & part time administrative and operations-based team members
Job Description :
The Catering Manager will oversee the staffing and execution of all catering functions throughout the venue. They will work closely with all Food & Beverage, as well as, arena counterparts to understand specific needs of venue guests, order items in the appropriate quantities to support client vision and work within each unique arena location to bring each guest/ events vision to life. This position is also responsible for ensuring that exceptional hospitality is received by venue guests and internal team members. The Catering Manager is responsible for ensuring that alcoholic beverages are served safely, and that food quality and sanitation standards are always maintained. This position reports to the Catering Sales Manager/Director of Food & Beverage.
Essential Duties (Include, but are not limited to the following):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Assist in the hiring, training, staffing and scheduling of all catering team members
- Ensure impeccable execution of all catering functions throughout the venue
- Catering events can be scheduled 365 days a year/ 24 hours a day
- Partner with the Catering Sales Manager/Director of Food & Beverage to ensure a successful arena opening and establishment of the F&B catering operation
- Thoroughly and accurately use all selected systems as appropriate for position (Purchasing, Point-of-sale, Work Force Management and more)
- Complete and provide daily/ event financial updates in accordance with F&B department
- Oversee and support the mentorship and development of all catering supervisors and team members daily
- Responsible for ensuring food quality in presentation and production throughout all catering events
- Have knowledge of and ensure food safety and sanitation standards are always maintained
- Organization and planning of events that serve a wide range of guests throughout all areans of the arena and its surrounding grounds
- Engage with venue guests, as well as, team members to ensure exceptional hospitality is always received
- Partner with the F&B and Dickies Arena Senior Leadership to ensure a successful operation
- Other responsibilities and tasks as deemed appropriate by the Catering Sales Manager and Dickies Arena Leadership Team
- 3+ years of experience in food & beverage operations with 2+ years in a supervisory/management capacity.
- Experience in a sports and/ or entertainment venue with catering experience strongly preferred.
- Robust understanding of Food & Beverage operations and relationship to large scale events (A/V, set ups, planning)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Catering Software
- Working knowledge of basic PC applications (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Experience with computerized work force management software strongly preferred
- Solid organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at one time
- Must be able to work extended shifts of 10 hours or more as business dictates
- Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be able to work in fluctuating temperatures
- English reading, writing, comprehension, math and computer skills required
- Ability to taste and evaluate food and beverage products
- Must be able to reach, lift, stoop, bend and perform extensive standing and walking (including stairs) throughout shift
- Ability to use hands in using office equipment, including the computer system
- Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly
- Ability to perceive the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction. Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discriminations in sound. Ability to talk and hear to conduct phone and radio correspondence
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned; visual inspection involving small errors and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly parts at distances close to the eyes
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to multi-task under time limits and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills with internal and external clients. Employee will frequently communicate via radio and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team. Position also requires being able to recognize and resolve conflicts, by being able to openly communicate with clients.
- While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee will frequently operate a POS system, computer and other office devices such as calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will constantly move about inside and outside various areas of the facility before/during/after events to interact with internal/external clients and supervise the work of employees during events. Employee must constantly communicate via telephone, radio, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. As business, maintenance, operations or emergency situations require, employee may sporadically assist in lift/move 100 lbs. or more.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily indoors but do require frequent movement in and out of controlled temperature units such as refrigerators and/or freezers. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, with the exception of event days, where the sound levels may be higher than moderate. Employee will be occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions, year-round. Employee will be exposed to and working in extreme temperatures when utilizing various pieces of equipment.